Lord Kitchener Lodge No.3402
Meeting at the Masonic Temple,
On 4th Wednesday of Every month excluding July, August and December.
W.Bro. W. McMenemy PGStB
Lord Kitchener Lodge No 3402 was consecrated on 17th November 1909 in Kasr El Nile, Cairo Egypt, sponsored by The Bulwer Lodge of Cairo No 1068 E.C. moving in 1913 to the New Masonic Hall, Maison de Farro [opposite the Cairo Museum] then to Moascar in the Canal Zone in 1947, before transferring to Cyprus in Dec 1955. First Meeting in Limassol, then Berengaria, followed by Polimedhia Camp in the W.S.B.A and finally in 1962 to their present home in Dhekelia Garrison in the E.S.B.A, near Larnaca. Lord Kitchener Lodge were the Sponsoring Lodge for Apollo Lodge No 7886 in the W.S.B.A in May 1965
Prominent local Masons in the recent History of the Lodge include W. Bro. F.G Smith who died in Aug 1994 and W. Bro. G.S Savvides O.B.E who died in 1997 The Lodge name derives from R.W. Bro Field Marshal Lord Kitchener of Khartoum, who as a subaltern in the Royal Engineers was based in Cyprus conducting the first official mapping of the island in 1878. and his maps are still held at Episkopi Garrison.
The Lodge continues to exist mainly for the association of serving and retired members of the Armed Services of the Crown and Civilians who are, or have served in a supporting capacity. The custom of Priority to Brethren in Active Service is still adhered to today, and the Lodge continues in excellent health and reputation for friendship and hospitality and its links with the Military, are reflected in the decorum and precision of its ceremonies.
Lord Kitchener Lodge celebrated its Centenary on 17th November 2009 during a week of special events.